Sunday, June 3, 2012

Pork Dinuguan ( Pork Blood Stew)

I love the taste of “Dinuguan” in tagalog and in  visayan, “Pork dinardaraan in Ilocano and “Pork Blood Stew” in English.It’s a popular native  viand or dish of Filipino especially when there is rice cake partner or “puto”.  It is simmered in  pork blood and the meat are all pork organs.  I love the taste so much, but I don’t want the organs so I want the sauce only or the blood.  I want the taste that blend vinegar and the pork blood. I noticed that there are some different techniques and texture in cooking of the said dish; I want to try it but am afraid to see blood! Oh no , am sure am going to faint.

When my cook left  and was decided to work with his tita, I was the one who take over again for  all the cooking in my small canteen before am going to my work (office) My  helpers always told me that customers always asking for “dinuguan or Pork blood stew”.  And out of challenge I tried! I closed my eyes while I squeeze the blood my whole body was shaking and I cried.  But, I know am not the kind of woman who always give up. Go, girl you can do it! Talking to myself. In short, I DID IT and it is almost perfect  according to my boarders. Yes! J
I don’t know but since then another best seller dish was discovered.   3kls lasts only until lunch time, almost drain and others are still looking for it.  They’re all loved my dinuguan, so inspiring!  And, I want to share here my secret why and how.

Please take note.
Photo Property of Hapees Food Corner and www.dorcenkitchenette
You will need the following:
  • 3 cups of pork blood
  • 3 cups of beef blood
  • I kl pork nape and face or pure lean meat (cut into cubes or strips)
  • Garlic
  • Onion
  • Black pepper and laure
  • Rosemaryl
  • Tanglad,(  Camel’s Hay, Citronella, Cymbopogon citratus, lemon grass)
  • Grated Ginger (1/4 teaspoon)
  • 2.5 cups Vinegar
  • 2.5 cups water
  • Grated matured coconut (use this for squeezing the beef and pork blood)
  • Chili ( native)
Direction for cooking:
  • Saute the garlic & onion make it brown
  • Add all the meat and let boil in 20 minutes together with the Tanglad,ginger,black pepper, grated ginger and laurel
  • Check if the meat is already tender add the water and vinegar or according to your desired sauc. Let it boil
  • If  meat is tender put all the blood while your one hand is continues stirring so it won’t make the blood become solid
  • Don’t stop stirring until the blood is  going to boil and thicken
  • When blood is already cooked add the green chilli and the rosemary. Serve it  with rice or rice cake while hot
The FACT:
I used grated coconut as double purpose, while squeezing the blood and grated coconut all the solid blood will turn it into liquid and the coconut milk will mixed to the meat blood.
Coconut milk will give a balance taste for the meat blood and it makes the dinuguan thicken and it gaves a unique delicious taste
Pork and Beef  blood mixed together is a great idea I was discovered.   You don’t need flour to thicken the sauce or blood, dinuguan become more delicious 2x more  from the original taste if you mixed the pork and beef blood. And since the blood of beef is dark black the color of your dinuguan becomes more attractive
I used tanglad and ginger to remove the smell bad from the blood ( malansa in tagalog or langsa)
I don’t used organs in dinuguan. Pure meat is good

No comments:

Post a Comment