Sunday, June 3, 2012

Spicy Black Meat Tuna Adobo


Hapee's Food Corner and dorcenkitchenette
Photo Property of Hapee's Food Corner &www. dorcenkitchenette
I discover this menu when I was the one who cooked for my canteen.  This tuna black meat is a left over of export white tuna meat. In the market people didn't notice this, and once I remembered to ask the "tindero" how and what is the best recipe for this black meat? He just replied "make adobo"
So, I tried this one for 2kls cut out into 2x2" bite size
I have lot of customers in canteen, aside from bus, tricycle, jeepney's drivers we had passengers also and some are passer's by.  We cater lunch to some offices, banks, medical clinics, agency's drug stores, pawnshops and hospital; doctors.nurses, managers aside from ordinary employees who regularly our customers.


At first, when i placed it to display case, they're all curious and asking what's this? They're assuming it is a beef meat. I only sell it for only P25.00 per serve (6cuts)
Every man's weakness are spicy foods.  Since most of them are bisaya so my secret is i put more "sili".  Every now and then this is my saleable food menu in my kitchen 2kls is just like a buy 1 take 1 hamburger that could easily wash out in just an hour or 3 after displaying it to food case.

I will share to you how to cook this and some ingredients:

1kl. black meat tuna (cut 2x2) bite size
1 onion
3 cloves of garlic
2 cups vinegar
1 tsp whole black pepper
3 pcs laurel
2 tables spoon ginger (strip cut)
2 tsp soy sauce
salt
brown sugar
magic sarap
red pepper (sili labuyo)
oil

Procedure:

1st step

wash the meat and drain, place in the pan then mixed the vinegar, garlic, onion, black pepper and laurel, ginger and salt.  Boil it for 10 minutes.

2nd step
saute the onion, garlic and ginger make it mild brown then place the cooked black meat tuna together the sauce then let it boil for another 15 minutes together with the soy sauce. Put all the remaining ingredients according to your taste and serve it with little decorations of your own

Red meat is not bad for you. Now blue-green meat, that’s bad for you! ~Tommy Smothers

No comments:

Post a Comment